Recent happenings: March 31, 2020 -- New music released -- #3 in the fuguers cove PERFORMS series, fuguers cove PERFORMS The Marshmen's "Capitalism is a Virus" -- as performed by J. Bendell (aka fuguers cove) during THE QUARANTINE. This is the first fuguers cove album written & recorded during a Pandemic. Get ready to punch Nazis behind the House of Pizza. Here's a breakdown of the songs by the guy (me) who wrote them:
1. Valley of Bones -- A man in Horizon nostalgizes about the Red Army, remembers all the friends he lost, celebrates the Nazi defeat in WWII, and reminds that the communist cause is not yet dead & that the Red Army may rise once again
2. Blood on the Plow -- I steal a line from JCM to encourage folks to take to the streets and make the change they want to see in the world.
3. Hockey Fight -- A bunch of alt right punks promoting fascism get the shit beat of of them behind the Festival Grocery by a bunch of anti-fascists who are disappointed that Hockey Night is cancelled due to #coronavirus
4. Pond Muck -- Proselytizing about the anti-human nature of capitalism and how it wears us down. Also: the importance of Kropotkinist mutual aid as our ticket out of a system of "injustice & greed." Also: insulting fascists.
5. No lyrics. Just a quick song for the kids to mosh and pogo
6. Isolation -- #coronavirus + the problems with toxic internet culture + utilizing the internet to promote radical and progressive social change + the importance of reading Frantz Fanon
February 1, 2020 -- Manzano Mountain Review is open for prose submissions! Theme: Chiaroscuro "Flirt with (or submerge within) the genres of crime & noir, but we look for fresh expressions, not formula. Give us light & shadow. Give us dawn & darkness." More info here
September 27, 2020 -- fuguers cove put out a 9-song EP titled "execution drone." Listen here.
June 27, 2019 -- fuguers cove releases the twangy 10-song album "skeletons." In his review of the record, August March of the Weekly Alibi says it's "kinda like listening to angry version of The Kinks but with Keith Richards on lead guitar and Dave Mustaine singing while certain Pixies members are probing your brain the whole time." I'll take it.